Asset College is a registered training organisation (RTO # 31718) delivering nationally recognised qualiﬁcations across Australia.
Our name comes with a story and people regularly ask “Why ASSET?” or “What does ASSET train?” The short answer is easy “We train people because people are Assets!”
The more detailed explanation of how our name came about is two-fold: Firstly, the greatest asset in any business is its people; no matter what business you look at, the expertise and personality of the staff make that business what it is. Reputation can be gained or lost on product quality but more so by the service, skill and efficiency of the staff that work in the business. Secondly, your knowledge and skills are what make you an asset to current/future employers as well as the colleagues, customers, suppliers and others that you work with. All knowledge and skills are learnt then practised; if you invest in your learning then you will increase your ‘asset’ value, hence our slogan “Knowledge is your greatest asset!”
Over a decade on from choosing our business name, Asset College has helped tens of thousands of people and businesses to improve their knowledge and skills. The name “ASSET” is widely recognised as a quality training provider thanks to the continually improving knowledge and skills of the ASSET Team.
Our scope includes accredited short courses, Certiﬁcate qualiﬁcations, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Post Graduate Certiﬁcates and Post Graduate Diplomas in a range of industries. We have a team of industry professionals and industry partners across the country contributing to the development and delivery of our programs to ensure that you receive the highest quality training available.
We believe that everybody should have access to both personal and professional development opportunities. That is why we offer flexible delivery methods for almost all of our courses. With Asset College, you can fit your study around your home and work commitments, allowing you to reach your goals without sacrificing the best things in life.
We pride ourselves on the community we have built through our dedication to great outcomes for students.
Over the years, we have built a loyal base of cliental who come to us for their education needs knowing that our quality training and the support we offer is second to none. This industry is dynamic and so too must ASSET be able to change swiftly and efficiently with the times to keep up with the changing needs of every industry we service and there is a lot! We wear many hats on a daily basis, ensuring we are what we need to be for everyone.
Since our humble beginnings, we have issued over 30,000 qualifications. You can be assured that your career goals are in good hands with Asset College.
Don’t just take our word for it, experience it when you study with Asset College.
Our vision is to become Australia’s leading provider of quality vocational education, enhancing our customers’ knowledge and skills, enabling and empowering them to advance their career through formal training… Knowledge is your greatest asset!
Our mission is to deliver quality training services to our customers with a focus on providing for the needs of individuals, organisations and industry. Our company’s success is measured through the development of knowledge and skills of individuals, sustainable employment outcomes, increased productivity of organisations and standards of excellence within industry. We will achieve this success through meticulous planning, delivery and evaluation of our training programs.
Asset College recognises the relationship between core values and quality of training outcomes. Our core values, intended to deliver consistently high standards for our staff, customers, industry and community are:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Fairness and Respect
- Social Responsibility
Asset College Quality Policy
- Is committed to ensuring the quality of services provided across all its operations – this includes training and assessment services and processes, student support, customer service and effective management of the business and its staff. This includes ensuring the quality of any services provided on Asset College’s behalf by third parties.
- Ensures that effective systems, policies, procedures, and resources are in place to ensure the quality delivery of all services.
- Has convened a management team which oversees the quality of services by the RTO. We ensure the responsibility of creating quality outcomes is shared jointly between Management and Employees. Our Management Team members develop KPIs in response to the Quality Policy and objectives.
- Maintains a committed Quality Management System compliant with ISO 9001:2015, contractual and legal requirements.
- Reviews the Quality Policy at least annually.
Read more about our values, mission and vision for the future in our Company Profile.
Asset College Environmental Policy
Asset College is committed to taking measures to ensure prevention of pollution and protection of the environment.
Asset College acknowledges that there is an obligation to comply with environmental legislation and all other applicable environmental requirements relevant to its training activities and services.
We are committed to this by applying best practice principles and identifying and managing environmental risks and using every opportunity to influence others to engage in environmentally friendly business practices.
This is achieved through:
- Complying with statutory requirements, legislative requirements, standards, and guidelines,
- Setting and reviewing objectives and plans with the aim of eliminating work related environmental incidents in relation to our activities and services,
- Defining roles and responsibilities for environment protection.
Strategies will include:
- Ensuring environment management principles are included in all organisational planning activities,
- Providing ongoing education and training to all our employees / subcontractors,
- Consulting with employees and other stakeholders to improve decision-making on environment matters,
- Ensuring environmental incidents are investigated and lessons are learnt within the organisation,
- Distributing environment information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties.
- Continually improving the Environmental Management through a quarterly review of non-conformances and improvement opportunities
- An annual review of the effectiveness of the environmental management system including our performance against objectives.
- Maintains an Environmental Management System compliant with ISO 14001:2015, contractual and legal requirements.
- Reviews the Environmental Policy at least annually.
Asset College Work Health and Safety Policy
Asset College believe that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf. People are our most important asset and work health, and safety is everyone’s responsibility. Asset College requires all employees and subcontractors to familiarise themselves with this policy and always attend to the well-being of others as they want for themselves when considering safe work practices and health of the workplace. The safety of the students and the public is given equal priority to that of our workers.
The aim of this policy is to achieve a workplace that is as far as reasonably practicable, safe and healthy for employees, students and subcontractors in compliance with the Work, Health and Safety Act (WHS), other relevant standards and codes of practice by:
- Ensuring all Asset College employees and subcontractors are aware of their legal obligations to both themselves and to others,
- Ensuring all students are inducted into the Student Handbook. Staff and contractors shall be inducted into Safety and Environmental Risk Register for the site,
- Setting measurable objectives and monitoring our performance to those objectives at least quarterly,
- Continual improvement of the WHS aspect of the Integrated Management System,
- Providing a safe and incident free workplace,
- Considering WHS in course planning and work activities,
- Involving employees and subcontractors in the decision-making process through regular communication and consultation,
- Ensuring employees and subcontractors identify and control risks in the workplace,
- Monitoring and reviewing the elimination or control of potential risks,
- Enhancing employees WHS knowledge through a program of education and training.
- Maintains an Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Management System compliant with ISO 45001:2018, contractual and legal requirements.
- Reviews the Work, Health and Safety Policy at least annually.
The success of our WHS management depends on:
- The commitment of all persons to achieving the policy objectives,
- The planning of work activities with due consideration given to WHS,
- Undertake the risk management process in an effective manner,
- Communication and consultation between our workers and subconsultants.
We are committed to fulfilling the objectives of this policy and expect the same for workers and subcontractors working on our behalf.