About this Funding
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is part of the Queensland Government’s VET Investment Plan.
A core element of the Queensland Government’s Working Queensland jobs plan is ensuring Queenslanders have access to quality training programs that deliver effective skills to meet employment and business demands. The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III level qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
Asset College has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program:
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee, you must:
- Live in Queensland
- Be 15 years of age or older and no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a Certificate III or higher level qualification. This does not include qualifications undertaken while at secondary school.
- Review the course information and Contact Us if you require any clarification regarding the course content, inclusions, outcomes, policies and procedures, entry requirements, attendance requirements or pathways.
- Read the Certificate 3 Guarantee Application Instructions
- Submit your application online or in person at one of Asset College’s QLD offices.
- Undertake the Online Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- Pay your co-contribution fee.
- Your application will be assessed by Asset College’s Compliance Team and you will receive a written response usually within 3 – 5 days.
- Sign your training plan.
- Commence your course.
Student Contribution Fees
The Queensland Government subsidises the cost of undertaking an approved Qualification however all participants will be required to contribute a co-contribution fee.
Click Here to view the current fee schedule
Student Support Service
If you require assistance with accessing this information or require support, please Contact Us.
Terms and Conditions
Applications are subject to approval by Asset College’s Head Office. Submitting a completed application does not guarantee approval of funding. Training cannot commence until you have received written confirmation of your application being approved.
- Availability of funding is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Queensland Government.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive funding for one (1) Certificate III Qualification.
- Participants must provide additional information / feedback to Asset College within three months of completing their qualification.
- Student co-contribution fees must be paid to Asset College prior to applications being considered. These fees will be refunded for unsuccessful applications or credited in full towards another course with Asset College.
- Student co-contribution fees may vary depending on the course location and delivery method.
- Applicants who are registered Job Seekers should consult their Job Active Provider prior to submitting an application. Your Job Active Provider may be able to provide additional support services and/or pay the student co-contribution fees for eligible applicants.
- Additional terms and conditions will be outlined on the application forms and are subject to change.
- Participants are required to submit and pay for their own industry licence applications (where applicable), these costs are not included in the student contribution fee or funding subsidy.
- Students can only access the Certificate 3 Guarantee through approved training providers (Pre-qualified Suppliers)
- The amount of Subsidy provided will depend on the demand for skilled workers in the area of study.
Further information about Certificate 3 Guarantee is available at www.training.qld.gov.au