Response from Asset College on Coronavirus
During this time, we’re doing our best to keep everyone healthy and safe in our classrooms while also minimising disruptions to day-to-day operations for staff and students. We are aware that many of our students require face to face training to keep licences current and for specific job requirements that affect your ability to earn an income.
Asset College has decided that all face to face training will continue as scheduled at this time. We understand the current outbreak is worrying, so we want to take a moment to share the ways we can all help keep our training environment safe, as well as the steps we are taking as an organisation. With the increasing incidence of COVID-19 infections, we ask that you take some sensible basic precautions, before and during your course.
Before each course:
- Our trainers will thoroughly clean the environment.
- Ensure the kitchen and utensils are cleaned appropriately for your safety.
- Door handles will be cleaned regularly.
- We are ensuring our classes are small groups to allow for distance.
- Spray antibacterial spray.
- If you feel unwell the evening before the course, or on the morning of the course, please do not attend.
- Please notify us that you will be unable to attend, by emailing us at [email protected] or leave a message if you are calling outside of business hours on 1300 731 602. Advising us of your non-attendance is important as we will then be able to transfer your course booking to a future course date. If you do not advise us of your non-attendance, our standard refund policy will apply.
- Please refer to advice from the Queensland Government or the World Health Organisation (WHO) if you are unsure about symptoms of coronavirus and you can call 13 HEALTH if you believe you may have all of the symptoms to gain further advice.
- Anyone who has travelled overseas in the past 14 days and feels unwell should not attend face to face training at Asset College.
On the day of the course:
- Please bring your own blue or black pen (we will not issue shared pens)
- All other training materials will be provided, and all are new unused condition.
- Please observe basic hygiene etiquette.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, sleeve or a tissue.
- If a tissue, please dispose of it immediately into the bin provided, and wash your hands with soap (provided) before returning to your table.
- Please avoid shaking hands with other participants.
- Keep your distance.
- Please observe others’ personal space.
- Before we proceed to the range for the practical assessment, all students will be required to thoroughly wash their hands with soap, and then to avoid touching their faces, eyes, noses, and mouths until the practical session is completed – no eating or drinking or smoking during the practical session.
- We will ensure all firearms and other resources to be used are suitably cleaned prior to use by students.
- On completion of the practical, all students will be required to thoroughly wash their hands with soap, before we resume in the classroom.
As our values state we aim to ensure the safety for all – Asset College recognises the relationship between core values and quality of training outcomes.
Our core values, intended to deliver consistently high standards for our staff, customers, industry and community are:
- Honesty and integrity • Accountability • Fairness and Respect • Social Responsibility
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are here to ensure you are in a safe environment. Should the situation change, Asset College will inform you as soon as possible.