- Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management – 01/01/2023 – 01/07/2033 – 12:00 am
- Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management
BSB80220 Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management
Are you an experienced Portfolio Manager? Gain recognition for your skills and experience through Recognition of Prior Learning.
The Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management is for Senior Project Managers who have been working across diverse industries for a number of years and may or may not already hold formal qualifications in project management.
In the RPL process for this qualification you will be asked to provide evidence of your ability to:
- Apply advanced knowledge and skills in a range of strategic portfolio management roles
- Make high-level autonomous decisions
- Use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of projects
- Be responsible for personal outputs as well as the work or function of others
- Use cognitive and creative skills to review, critically analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge to generate ideas and provide solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate your understanding of theoretical project management concepts
- Your ability to transfer your knowledge to others
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Graduate Diploma of Portfolio Management (BSB80220).
Likely job titles of those suited to RPL for this qualification include:
- Project Director
- Chief Operating Officer
- Portfolio Manager
This qualification is suited to those who already possess extensive skills in portfolio management.
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification in related fields of study and 3 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of project or program leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise.
- Have completed a Bachelor degree in related fields of study and 2 years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of project or program leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise.
- Have five years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience at a significant level of leadership and management responsibility and/or complexity in an enterprise.
Not sure whether this is you? Contact us!
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility on enrolment.
You can take our Free Skills Assessment to determine your eligibility for RPL. Our assessors can also recommend pathways suited to your skills and experience.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
To complete this course you must show competency in a total of 8 units.
- BSBPMG810 Prioritise projects and programs
- BSBPMG811 Select and balance the portfolio
- BSBPMG812 Manage and review portfolio performance
- BSBPMG813 Govern the portfolio
- BSBFIN801 Lead financial strategy development
- BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice
- BSBLDR812 Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
- BSBLDR813 Lead and influence ethical practice
*Alternative elective units may be available upon request, but are not guaranteed. You can view the full list of elective units available on training.gov.au. The cost for custom unit packaging for RPL is $250.
This qualification is only available through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Contact us for a Free Skills Assessment to determine your suitability to undertake this qualification. This will be sent to our RPL Facilitator who will assess your eligibility and can provide you with recommendations for suitable RPL pathways that match your skills and experience.
If you are deemed a good candidate for RPL for this qualification, a non-refundable 50% deposit will be required to proceed with your RPL with full payment required before a certificate is issued.
For each unit of competency, candidates will be given the option to demonstrate competency through a combination of any of the following:
- Written or verbal questions demonstrating the required knowledge
- Case studies or practical activities demonstrating the required skills
- Projects based on a real or simulated workplace
- Portfolio of evidence which may include:
- Prior qualifications, both accredited and non-accredited
- Employment history such as position descriptions and performance appraisals
- Industry appointments such as board and committee roles
- Publications and journals
- Samples of work and other relevant documents, photos, videos, etc.
- Testimonials and other references from verifiable sources
Each candidate is assessed individually. Our assessment team will validate the evidence supplied and conduct mapping against the evidence requirements for each unit. Where required, assessors will request additional evidence and provide guidance on suitable types of evidence for the candidate to supply.
Time frames for completion of your RPL
Students are required to submit the requested evidence for assessment by Asset College within 3 months of paying their deposit. If requested evidence cannot be supplied within this time frame a $50 extension fee will be applied.
Individualised quotes will be discussed with our RPL Manager after submission of a free skills assessment. Please read the full outline on our RPL process here.
1. 2 split payments
Pay 50% of the course fees to begin your RPL, with 50% due on completion before your certificate is issued.
2. zipMoney – From $188 a week over 6 months
Up to 6 months interest free on zipMoney. Best for people with an existing zipMoney account.
Please read our Course Fees and Refund policy here.
After completing this course you may wish to further your studies with:
- BSB80320 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership or;
- other relevant post-graduate qualifications
The instructor was an absolutely amazing instructor. He had a wealth of knowledge and experience and delivered lectures with detail and a little humour which makes for a perfect learning environment..Michael SlorachFormer student
Engaging. Everyone is part of the learning experience. I received support from everyone. The visual learning was easy to understand and acknowledge. Through their reassurance my motivation held strong throughout the course.Gail CarterFormer student