- Certificate III in Retail – 01/01/2023 – 01/07/2033 – 12:00 am
- Certificate III in Retail
SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
This qualification is only available via Recognition of Prior Learning.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
Government funding for SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail is available for eligible participants under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program. For more information and eligibility requirements, please click here.
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate III in Retail (SIR30216).
Likely job titles of those suited to RPL for this qualification include:
- Frontline Sales Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Shop Assistant
- Retail Assistant/Salesperson
There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course.
You will however require basic English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
You will need access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 13 units.
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRXHWB001 Maintain personal health and wellbeing
- SIRXIND002 Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
You can view the full list of units available to study within this qualification on training.gov.au.
*If you wish to change one or more of your elective units please contact us. While we endeavour to be able to provide all options, changes to elective units cannot be guaranteed. The cost for custom unit packaging is $250 for RPL.
This qualification is only available through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Contact us for a Free Skills Assessment to determine your suitability to undertake this qualification. This will be sent to our RPL Facilitator who will assess your eligibility and can provide you with recommendations for suitable RPL pathways that match your skills and experience.
If you are deemed a good candidate for RPL for this qualification, a non-refundable 50% deposit will be required to proceed with your RPL with full payment required before a certificate is issued.
For each unit of competency, candidates will be given the option to demonstrate competency through a combination of any of the following:
- Written or verbal questions demonstrating the required knowledge
- Case studies or practical activities demonstrating the required skills
- Projects based on a real or simulated workplace
- Portfolio of evidence which may include:
- Prior qualifications, both accredited and non-accredited
- Employment history such as position descriptions and performance appraisals
- Industry appointments such as board and committee roles
- Publications and journals
- Samples of work and other relevant documents, photos, videos, etc.
- Testimonials and other references from verifiable sources
Each candidate is assessed individually. Our assessment team will validate the evidence supplied and conduct mapping against the evidence requirements for each unit. Where required, assessors will request additional evidence and provide guidance on suitable types of evidence for the candidate to supply.
Time frames for completion of your RPL
Students are required to submit the requested evidence for assessment by Asset College within 3 months of paying their deposit. If requested evidence cannot be supplied within this time frame a $50 extension fee will be applied.
This qualification is only available through Recognition of Prior Learning.
RPL – $1375
Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding – $13 concession or $39 non-concession
Individualised quotes will be discussed with our RPL Manager after submission of a free skills assessment. Please read the full outline on our RPL process here.
1. 2 split payments
Pay 50% of the course fees to begin your RPL, with 50% due on completion before your certificate is issued.
2. zipMoney payment plan
Up to 6 months interest free on zipMoney. Best for people with an existing zipMoney account.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Eligible students in Queensland may receive government subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
You can view more information about eligibility requirements here.
Please note, the co-contribution fee may change after a review of your circumstances prior to enrolment in the qualification but will not exceed the above stated fees.
You can view the co-contribution fee breakdown per unit here.
Please be advised that you will no longer be eligible for a government subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program once you complete this qualification.
You can review the Certificate 3 Guarantee Fact Sheet produced by the Department of Employment, Training and Small Business on their website.
Please read our Course Fees and Refund policy here.
After completing this course you may wish to further your studies with:
- SIR40316 Certificate IV in Retail Management or;
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or;
- Other relevant Certificate IV qualifications
Our Training Partners
This course is currently not available through our training partners.
The instructor was an absolutely amazing instructor. He had a wealth of knowledge and experience and delivered lectures with detail and a little humour which makes for a perfect learning environment..Michael SlorachFormer student
Engaging. Everyone is part of the learning experience. I received support from everyone. The visual learning was easy to understand and acknowledge. Through their reassurance my motivation held strong throughout the course.Gail CarterFormer student