- Certificate II in Workplace Skills – 01/01/2023 – 01/07/2033 – 12:00 am
- Certificate II in Workplace Skills
BSB20120 Certificate II in Workplace Skills
This qualification is only available via Recognition of Prior Learning.
This qualification provides you with diverse opportunities. With us, you will get more than your usual business course. You’ll learn vital skills to launch your career in an office environment and set you up for success with transferable skills.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of entry-level Business Services job roles.
This qualification also reflects the role of individuals who have not yet entered the workforce, and are developing the necessary skills in preparation for work.
These individuals carry out a range of basic procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require self-management and technology skills. They perform a range of mainly routine tasks using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge in a defined context. Individuals in these roles generally work under direct supervision.
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate II in Workplace Skills (BSB20120).
Likely job titles of those suited to RPL for this qualification include:
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course.
You will however require basic English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
You will need access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection.
You can take our Free Skills Assessment to determine your eligibility. Our assessors can also recommend pathways suited to your skills and experience.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 10 units.
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- BSBOPS201 Work effectively in business environments
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- BSBTWK201 Work effectively with others
- BSBOPS203 – Deliver a service to customers
- BSBTEC201 – Use business software applications
You can view the full list of units available to study within this qualification on training.gov.au.
*If you wish to change one or more of your elective units please contact us. While we endeavour to be able to provide all options, changes to elective units cannot be guaranteed. The cost for custom unit packaging is $250 for RPL.
This qualification is only available through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Contact us for a Free Skills Assessment to determine your suitability to undertake this qualification. This will be sent to our RPL Facilitator who will assess your eligibility and can provide you with recommendations for suitable RPL pathways that match your skills and experience.
If you are deemed a good candidate for RPL for this qualification, a non-refundable 50% deposit will be required to proceed with your RPL with full payment required before a certificate is issued.
For each unit of competency, candidates will be given the option to demonstrate competency through a combination of any of the following:
- Written or verbal questions demonstrating the required knowledge
- Case studies or practical activities demonstrating the required skills
- Projects based on a real or simulated workplace
- Portfolio of evidence which may include:
- Prior qualifications, both accredited and non-accredited
- Employment history such as position descriptions and performance appraisals
- Industry appointments such as board and committee roles
- Publications and journals
- Samples of work and other relevant documents, photos, videos, etc.
- Testimonials and other references from verifiable sources
Each candidate is assessed individually. Our assessment team will validate the evidence supplied and conduct mapping against the evidence requirements for each unit. Where required, assessors will request additional evidence and provide guidance on suitable types of evidence for the candidate to supply.
Time frames for completion of your RPL
Students are required to submit the requested evidence for assessment by Asset College within 3 months of paying their deposit. If requested evidence cannot be supplied within this time frame a $50 extension fee will be applied.
This qualification is only available through RPL.
Individualised quotes will be discussed with our RPL Manager after submission of a free skills assessment. Please read the full outline on our RPL process here.
1. 2 split payments
Pay 50% of the course fees to begin your RPL, with 50% due on completion before your certificate is issued.
2. zipMoney payment plan
Up to 6 months interest free on zipMoney. Best for people with an existing zipMoney account.
Please read our Course Fees and Refund policy here.
After completing this course you may wish to further your studies with:
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
- Other relevant Certificate III qualifications.
The instructor was an absolutely amazing instructor. He had a wealth of knowledge and experience and delivered lectures with detail and a little humour which makes for a perfect learning environment..Michael SlorachFormer student
Engaging. Everyone is part of the learning experience. I received support from everyone. The visual learning was easy to understand and acknowledge. Through their reassurance my motivation held strong throughout the course.Gail CarterFormer student