Australian Cyber Week 2020 commences today!
Cyber Week provides opportunities for Australian cyber security and related organisations to showcase their capabilities and network with peers, potential investors and customers. It also provides a great way for cyber curious individuals and organisations to better understand what cyber security can do and mean for them.
This week, we have 20+ online and (COVID-safe) in-person events and activities being held from 26-30 October – spanning the full breadth of the cyber security landscape for those within the sector, but also well beyond.
Whether you’re a student, CEO, investor, practitioner, teacher, graduate, innovator, mentor, board member, inventor, journalist, researcher, salesperson, entrepreneur … there will be at least one, if not an entire week’s worth of activities, that will appeal.
We’re also excited to debut our brand-new virtual conference platform. It’s a 3D experience that we believe is unique to our sector and the way online events are being delivered. Watch the video above for a sneak peak of our ‘circuit board city’!
MONDAY 26 OCTOBER
- Official launch of Cyber Week 2020: 9:00AM – 10:00AM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Australian Cyber Week 2020 is the fourth annual showcase of Australia’s extremely innovative cyber security sector. Join the Hon Karen Andrews MP and leaders from various sectors to discuss the impact of accelerated digitalisation on the Australian economy.
- Networking: Meet and learn from Defence primes (brought to you by Palo Alto Networks): 1:00PM – 2:00PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Join our lunchtime networking event to connect and meet your next potential Defence prime customer.
- The cyber fitness of Aussie small business: 2:00PM – 3:00PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Little is understood about the challenges faced by Australian small business owners when it comes to the security of their business. 97% of Australian businesses are small, really small, with fewer than 20 staff. Explore small business attitudes towards cyber security and learn about the path forward for building cyber fitness in the most vulnerable businesses.
TUESDAY 27 OCTOBER
- AustCyber AllStars – Australian cyber security: a new investment opportunity: 8:30AM – 9:30AM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Ever wondered what investors are looking for in a pitch? We’re bringing together an AllStar cast of international investors from the United States and the United Kingdom to share what they look for in Australian talent and capability.
- The psychology of CTFs, hackathons, tournaments and war games: 11:00AM – 12:00PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
You’ve been breached! With the possibility of disastrous financial and reputation damage, organisations are rapidly preparing how to respond to a cyberattack. But what are the strategies and tactics that can help prepare them?
- Sky’s the Limit: 2:00PM – 3:45PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Pitching and procurement from Australia’s best cyber security companies with products and services tailored to the needs of corporate Australia.
WEDNESDAY 28 OCTOBER
- Australia under cyber-attack – are you ready?: 9:00AM – 10:30AM | ONLINE (AEDT)
To underline the importance of digital trust for keeping our digital activity secure and resilient, we will simulate a significant cyber-attack on Australia through a hypothetical.
- Launch of Australia’s Cyber Security Capability Digital Ecosystem: 11:00AM – 12:00PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Australia’s Cyber Security Capability Digital Ecosystem is where you learn about, and connect with, Australian cyber security providers and their products and services. Watch a demonstration of the platform and find out what you need to do to list your company.
- Networking: Australia’s National Node Network – meet your local support team: 12:00PM – 12:45PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Meet the National Network Lead and your local Node Manager during this lunchtime networking event.
- Projects Fund Demo Day: 2:00PM – 3:15PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
The AustCyber Projects Fund is a $15 million, three-year initiative designed to help the Australian cyber security industry grow and take ideas global. Learn about, and meet with the recipients, who are delivering industry led projects as part of this program.
THURSDAY 29 OCTOBER
- National Missing Person Hackathon 2020: 10:00AM – 6:30PM | ONLINE AND IN-PERSON IN SA AND WA
Join other ethical hackers and investigators to gather open source intelligence and find new leads on real missing person cases.
FRIDAY 30 OCTOBER
- Driving change through opportunity – carving out a pathway beyond the pandemic: 9:00AM – 10:00AM | ONLINE (AEDT)
A globally competitive Australian cyber security sector will ultimately underpin the future success of every industry in the national economy. So how do we drive change forward? How do we ensure a consolidated effort between government and industry?
- Networking: Women speak cyber (brought to you by Palo Alto Networks): 10:30AM – 11:30AM | ONLINE (AEDT)
Join this networking event to meet the power women diversifying the Australian cyber security sector.
- Mythbusting the ‘grey zone’ – the evolution of vulnerability disclosure: 11:30AM – 12:30PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
What is vulnerability disclosure? How has it evolved over time? Join us in conversation with Bugcrowd’s Casey Ellis and a panel of experts to discuss vulnerability disclosure in the Australian and international contexts.
- Culture shock – barriers to diversity are the barriers to growth: 1:30PM – 2:30PM | ONLINE (AEDT)
How important is diversity and culture within the sector? As part of Australian Cyber Week 2020, AustCyber wants to highlight the role of diversity and culture within the cyber security community in Australia.
Plus many more Node and partner events!
First published by AustCyber via email.