About Higher Level Skills Funding
The Higher Level Skills program is part of the Queensland Government’s VET Investment Plan.
The Higher Level Skills program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access one subsidised training place in selected certificate IV and above qualifications, or priority skill sets.
The aim is to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university. Employers may also be able to access training to address workforce development needs.
For more information regarding the Higher Level Skills program, please review the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training fact sheet here.
Asset College has been approved to deliver the following qualifications under the Higher Level Skills program:
- Review the course information and Contact Us if you require any clarification regarding the course content, inclusions, outcomes, policies and procedures, entry requirements, attendance requirements or pathways.
- Read the Higher Level Skills – Application Instructions
- Submit your application online or in person at one of Asset College’s QLD offices.
- Undertake the Online Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- Pay your co-contribution fee.
- Your application will be assessed by Asset College’s Compliance Team and you will receive a written response usually within 3 – 5 days.
- Sign your Training Plan.
- Commence your course.
The Queensland Government subsidises the cost of undertaking an approved Qualification however all participants will be required to contribute a co-contribution fee.
Click Here to view the current fee schedule.
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidy, you must:
- Live in Queensland
- Be 15 years of age or older and no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a Certificate IV or higher level qualification. This does not include qualifications undertaken while at secondary school.
- Must be an existing worker:
- For Entrepreneurship and New Business – an owner, manager or employee of a small business in QLD.
Applications are subject to approval by Asset College’s Head Office. Submitting a completed application does not guarantee approval of funding. Training cannot commence until you have received written confirmation of your application being approved.
- Availability of funding is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Queensland Government.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive funding for one (1) subsidised Higher Level Skills qualification.
- Participants must provide additional information / feedback to Asset College within three months of completing their qualification.
- Student co-contribution fees must be paid to Asset College prior to applications being considered. These fees will be refunded for unsuccessful applications or credited in full towards another course with Asset College.
- Student co-contribution fees may vary depending on the course location and delivery method.
- Applicants who are registered Job Seekers should consult their Job Active Provider prior to submitting an application. Your Job Active Provider may be able to provide additional support services and/or pay the student co-contribution fees for eligible applicants.
- Additional terms and conditions will be outlined on the application forms and are subject to change.
- Students can only access the Higher Level Skills through approved training providers (Pre-qualified Suppliers)
- The amount of Subsidy provided will depend on the demand for skilled workers in the area of study.
Further information about Higher Level Skills is available at www.training.qld.gov.au