Study JP/CDec with Asset College
Offer extra services within your business and connect with your community by becoming a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations in QLD.
During your course you will learn about legal principles, ethics, dispute resolution, and the role of a JP (Qual) or CDec within the Queensland legal system.
You will delve into topics such as statutory declarations, witnessing documents, and the administration of oaths and affirmations, learning the intricacies of your responsibilities and the importance of upholding justice and fairness.
Asset College’s courses will prepare you to serve the public with integrity and professionalism.
Flexible study options include:
Which course do you need to complete?
Community Justice Services Courses Overview
Have you always wanted to contribute to your community? Get qualified and give back with our JP (Qual) and CDec courses.
A Justice of the Peace helps people during the most important moments of their lives. Births, deaths, marriages, divorces, buying property or travelling. There are so many occasions where people need the services of a JP (Qual).
Taking a Justice of the Peace course can have many benefits. JPs play an essential role in the community by witnessing and certifying documents, completing statutory declarations and affidavits, and performing other important duties.
A Commissioner for Declarations performs a similar role in their community, witnessing documents and taking statutory declarations, though with less authority and power than a JP (Qual).
It can also provide you with personal and professional development opportunities, such as improving your communication skills and expanding your network. Being a JP can also enhance your resume and make you a more attractive candidate for future employment opportunities. Overall, completing a JP (Qual) or CDec course will provide you with valuable skills, personal fulfillment, and professional development opportunities.
Why Asset College?
Asset College is an award-winning registered training organisation (RTO) that offers comprehensive JP courses designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to hold office as Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Declarations.
Our courses are delivered by experienced trainers who have many years serving their communities as JPs or CDecs and continue to keep their knowledge and experience up to date with ongoing professional development and training. Our trainers focus on providing a supportive and engaging learning environment. Our community justice services courses at Asset College have been tailored to meet all state requirements and are also designed with multiple delivery options to support flexible learning solutions.
Asset College provides flexible learning options, including online and in-person delivery, allowing students to study at their own pace and fit their studies around their existing commitments. Completing a JP course through Asset College can provide you with a high-quality education, a nationally recognised qualification, flexible learning options, ongoing support, and professional development opportunities.
Key features of Community Justice Services courses at Asset College
- State specific training – You’ll receive the right training for your state’s requirements.
- Customised training environments – Our campuses include training rooms and classrooms that have been designed to provide flexible learning and to ensure a fun and comfortable environment while you learn.
- State of the art facilities – Asset College maintains campuses across the country with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Training from Industry leaders – The trainers at Asset College are leaders in their industries, volunteering as JPs and CDecs and continuing their education and professional development outside of the classroom.
- Discounts off professional associations – By completing your JP or CDec course with Asset College, you’ll also receive discounted membership on completion of your training to the Queensland Justices Association.